I would have ruled this world too, if it weren't for you meddling kids!
Friday, November 11, 2005
LEAVES AND MAGAZINES

Brendalove@gmail.com


This morning was beautiful. We had a small front to move through the area so on the way to work the wind was whipping it up a bit. The leaves on the trees, which had thus far done an admirable job of hanging in there, suddenly gave up and the air was filled with hundreds of thousands of millions of leaves everywhere. You could see them blowing through the air 50 feet up. It was a beautiful sight but I couldn't admire it for too long....had to get to work. Its times like that I sometimes feel like I'm not living my life to the fullest. Or maybe I just wouldn't appreciate simple things like that if I could always do what I wanted. Who knows? I was really appreciating it this morning though.


I was able to spend a little time with my new magazines last night....and here's a couple of things I wanted to share:

FROM TIME MAGAZINE:

Here is an illustration that goes with an article about how music therapy is beneficial for Alzheimer's patients. I fell in love with this little picture....its sad, happy and powerful all at the same time.


FROM ROLLING STONE:

Remember a little while back when I was complaining about all these cookie-cutter bands in their suits? Well, I couldn't adequately express what I meant visually because I couldn't remember any of the names of the bands. WELL HERE'S ONE!

These guys are the total package of what I was talking about. They're interchangeable with at least 10 other bands that are popular right now. You could mix and match the members and no one would ever know the difference. Except their mothers maybe.

I had a freak out when I saw this picture of George Harrison's son, Dhani. Heh, heh, there was no way George could have ever denied this child was his!

Here Dhani Harrison is pictured with Ringo Starr......who actually posts to the comments section of this blog....under his thinly-veiled pseudonym, of course! LOL!

And last of all, here is an ad for a book that Rolling Stone is advertising about dead rock stars:

What is wrong with this ad? Well if you spotted a grammar error at the bottom you would be correct.
"The stories of how they died and where their buried."
It should be "The stories of how they died and where THEY'RE buried!"
I realize it's very anal to get in a knot over something like that....but it's annoying! Those big city editors make a hell of a lot of money! HEY ROLLING STONE, I CAN DO THAT JOB AND DO IT RIGHT! Willing to relocate! No more embarrassing ads!

I'm sure that Wordnerd could totally relate to how I feel.