I would have ruled this world too, if it weren't for you meddling kids!
Thursday, November 10, 2005
I LOVE BRITAIN!

brendalove@gmail.com



If I could go anywhere in the world, I think I would go to London. I have always had a thing for all things British and I don't know why. Maybe I was British in a former life.


I always loved studying London history. As many of you already know, I've been obsessed with trying to solve the Jack the Ripper murder mystery for at least 4 or 5 years now. You can't study the Jack the Ripper case without delving deep into London's Victorian East End history and customs. I know some of those streets just as well as if I'd ever been there....well, in the late 1800's, anyway.


And its not just the history, its their people. To me most British people just seem so cool. Maybe its because I was raised on their rock stars. And I love their bands even today. My American counterparts are like "how can you listen to some of that crap?" but I just do. And LIKE a lot of it! I just like knowing what the British are listening to.


I love their music magazines. They have the best magazines....Mojo and Classic Rock are a few of the ones I've managed to get my hands on randomly over here. The magazines are beautiful, the pictures are great, and they are printed on high quality paper. And they don't just write about the flavor of the week, either.



I always check the British news on the internet. I love their celebrities. British celebs are especially trashy. Whether its Charlotte Church falling over herself drunk and hating on the troops, Pete Doherty bumming money off the journalist interviewing him so he can buy some crack, or Robbie Williams diddling his wang on the internet.....its all bad...which means its all good! Those British celebs are 10 times as nasty as the American celebs ever dreamed.