I would have ruled this world too, if it weren't for you meddling kids!
Thursday, February 17, 2005
NEUROTIC HAMSTER

brendalove@gmail.com

Once again, I am behind on reading blogs this week. If you haven't seen my little name on your blog making smart-ass comments, please know that I'm missing you, dying to know what you've been up to and I will get caught up on reading about your adventures this weekend.


Little Bud has been living in his new home for about a month now and I've come to the conclusion that he doesn't love us. I've had hamsters before and they were always shy at first but would quickly warm up. Prior hamsters would stand at the cage door and beg to be taken out so we could play. Little Bud has made the area at the cage door his "peeing spot" to discourage us from opening the cage door. He spends all of his time either hiding out in his little house or laying on his back pretending to be asleep. When he's thirsty he crouches low to the floor and manuevers his way to the water bottle in much the same way a reconnaissance soldier makes his way across the battlefield.

Little Bud is clearly not feeling the love....and I suspect early childhood hamsteral abuse. I'm currently looking for a competent hamster psychiatrist for experimental psychoanalysis and possible drug maintenance therapy. Both of my cats have volunteered their services but I don't think they are the right ones for the job.