I would have ruled this world too, if it weren't for you meddling kids!
Friday, February 11, 2005
BACK AGAIN

brendalove@gmail.com


Sorry I missed a blog entry, I had a severe case of PMS. Be glad you weren't anywhere around me. MEOW! ROAAAAAR!


I was pretty close to a panic attack while ago. We are having a snack day at work tomorrow and I'm bringing the deviled eggs. I put some water in a pot and started putting eggs in. And I kept hearing this tiny....screaming sound. I put my ear close to the pot...yeah, it was coming from the water! I noticed that each egg was emitting little bubbles. Oh. my. God. Could it be? I dropped one more in and sure enough....little bubbles, tiny screaming sound. THERE'S CHICKENS IN THEM EGGS! I panicked and started taking eggs out of the water as fast as I could, freaking out over how I was going to save the chickens. I cracked one open and guess what.....yolk. And the next one. It began to dawn on me that had there been baby chicks in those eggs that they would have never survived refrigeration.....DUH. I guess the little screaming noise was the water infiltrating the egg? Anyway, I haven't felt quite this stupid in a good while now....not since that goose attacked me at the park. Trust me, its not easy being this dumb when I'm not even blonde.


I love to eat lobster but I would never cook one. I've been told that if you buy a live lobster and throw it into boiling water that it screams. I cannot in good conscience eat anything that screams at me. The lobster would be screaming in the pot and I'd be sobbing. Its much more preferable to head over to a seafood restaurant and let the cooks there worry about any screaming. I would like to think that if I ever got stranded on a desert island and had to capture and cook my own seafood, that I would be able to overcome this Screaming Food Problem. Its either let the Food Scream or starve in a case like that.

I hate to keep bringing up the Robot Problem but look at this full page ad from TIME Magazine. Un-be-fucking-lievable. You people laugh at the Robot Problem but I'm telling you, they're poised for takeover. All they have to do is gain mainstream acceptance.


I had a pretty loud reaction to this advertisement.

Anyway, I'm behind on reading blogs and stuff, I'm planning a big catch-up this weekend. Later!