I would have ruled this world too, if it weren't for you meddling kids!
Thursday, July 27, 2006
DEEP THOUGHTS COURTESY OF THE BAY CITY ROLLERS

Brendalove@gmail.com

Last Saturday morning, I woke up and was just kind of dozing in bed, thinking and stuff. There is almost always a song in my head at all times, and on that morning a really strange obscure one popped up. It was "Saturday Night" by the Bay City Rollers. I'm guessing this song was released when I was about 10 or 11 years old. I lay there humming the song, trying to remember all the lyrics, while thinking about their ridiculous haircuts and those gay plaid stage clothes they always wore.

And then....I forgot all about it. And got on with my day.

Fast forward to that evening, which is when we went to the Butch Walker concert at Moore Square Park. It was between sets...Dillon Fence was done and the roadies were setting up for Butch and random tunes were blasting away over the PA. And suddenly...."Saturday Night" by the Bay City Rollers plays! I couldn't believe it, what a random song to have as a coincidence. I'm in the middle of a huge crowd but I'm deep inside of myself, listening to that song. I had the words right. I even had that strangely plunky bass line right. It was so weird to hear it after all these years, and the memories that the song evoked flooded over me.

And then all of a sudden I was hit by IT. IT has been happening a lot the past six months. IT is a combination of happiness, nostalgia and melancholia. I was in a crowd of drunk happy people, getting ready to do one of my most favorite things (JAM THE HELL OUT), and suddenly there is my soul - tugging at my sleeve, whispering to me, reminding me of how much fun I've had in my life....how much fun I'm having right this minute....to open my eyes and heart and take it all in...to enjoy my time...and not take it for granted.

I'm positive I'm not depressed. Its just a feeling and I can't shake it off. I feel like my mind.....is preparing me for something. I've started to wonder if my time on Earth is coming to an end soon and its time to prepare for the Spirit World.

I've had some other "visions" that are too long to go through. Most people don't believe in all that shit anyway. Maybe I'm just having a strange version of a mid-life crisis? I thought a mid-life crisis was that I was supposed to get really horny and try to have sex with young lifeguards? I want my rock-hard lifeguard daydreams, dammit! Leave it to me to start visualizing an early grave.


Do you think this is normal? Do other actual humans experience this?