I would have ruled this world too, if it weren't for you meddling kids!
Wednesday, July 19, 2006
IN THE HEAT OF THE DAY

Brendalove@gmail.com

When I was in my late twenties, I decided I was going to sunbathe in the back yard on a really hot day. I put on my bathing suit, marched outside and cooked my skin for awhile. It got hot. It got really really hot quickly. I started feeling funny. My energy level dipped suddenly. I got myself back into the house, where I collapsed on the floor at the back door. I never lost consciousness, it was just like I couldn't move. The air conditioner was on and my husband brought me some water and offered to help me up, but I told him to just let me lay there for awhile. Finally I was able to get myself up off the floor, get myself cleaned up and collapsed into bed and slept for hours.

I'm not sure if I had a sunstroke that day or what, but ever since then I cannot tolerate heat. 70 degrees is wonderful. 80 degrees is a beautiful thing. 90 degrees and I'm starting to bitch a little bit. 95+ and I really just don't feel well at all. My head starts to feel heavy all the time and I have absolutely no energy. If I have to be in the heat for a period of time I can literally start to feel sick. So I stay in the house all the time and I'm miserable. The months of July and August are when I experience my very own brand of Seasonal Affective Disorder.

I wish I had just stayed indoors on that day when I did the sunbathing. Maybe I wouldn't react to heat so bad. Sunbathing = bad.