I would have ruled this world too, if it weren't for you meddling kids!
Friday, July 14, 2006
MYSTERIES OF THE INTERNET

Brendalove@gmail.com

Does anyone remember awhile back when I said that my readership numbers were dwindling fast? They were sinking quicker than bad stock on Wall Street. I hardly ever pay attention to Site Meter anymore. The other day I went to Site Meter for the hell of it and my numbers have exploded! Well, for a lowly blog of my caliber, anyway. I went through my stats and I can't determine any pattern to the madness...and nobody new has linked to me that I know about. I haven't paid any visits to BLOG EXPLOSION or MICHELE'S or anything. My blog hits have more than doubled though. So what happened? I think its just an Internet Thang.

Also, have you noticed that you are getting more spam mail in your mailbox lately? This has been going on for about 6 weeks or so. Gmail is excellent about filtering out the spam but the spammers have found a new way to get through, I guess. Who are all these spammers and do they really make money from spamming? I guess all those people that used to send money to Jim and Tammy Faye Bakker needed a new cause to throw their money away on.

Finally, this has nothing to do with the internet...but I was just wondering. Have you ever put your laundry into the dryer and set it to dry for what you thought was a well reasonable time amount.....and then promptly forgot about the whole darn load? And its like, your laundry got pretty dry but maybe there was a bit of dampness that was left? And when you finally remember the load (5 days later) and go to retrieve it, your laundry smells like a passel of possum carcasses?

I was just wondering...because nothing like that has ever happened to me.

If I haven't been to your blog....beware! I am planning some major blog swooping this weekend!