I would have ruled this world too, if it weren't for you meddling kids!
Wednesday, July 26, 2006
RIP

Brendalove@gmail.com

As many of you know, I am a betta freak and I usually have 5 to 6 of them at any given time. But one of the extra special ones has passed away.

Work Fishie died.



Here he is jamming on the headphones. He listened to a lot of bands, but I have to say he seemed happiest when listening to Mae's "Beautiful Destination". He loved his music. When I would put the headphones on the bowl he would get all excited, his colors would deepen, and he would start working on his bubbles. He was quite possibly the only fish in America who was jamming to an iPod on a daily basis.


Also, I had gotten him trained to come to me when I would put my finger on his bowl. Of course, he realized that to nudge at my finger on the glass usually meant a treat.

When I would arrive at work and turn my lamp on, he would go insane because he knew it was feeding time. When the lamp when off in the evenings, he would come to the front glass and sway gently, telling me good-bye.

I don't know what was wrong with him....he didn't look diseased. I guess it was just one of those things. But I want to take a moment and pay tribute to a one-of-a-kind Fishie. I was honored for him to be my pet. I love you Fishie, maybe our paths will meet again in the Spirit World.