I would have ruled this world too, if it weren't for you meddling kids!
Thursday, May 18, 2006
ROAD RAGE

Brendalove@gmail.com


Wow. I had a nice little blog entry planned and then something happens to where I don't even want to write.

In 5:00 traffic, I was at an intersection, going straight. A stupid train was coming parallel to us. The traffic light was blinking red. I didn't know what to do....I mean, a blinking red light says to me "Stay Stopped". It turns out the street lights were all out of order but I didn't know it at the time! And this woman behind me is going freakin' nuts. She's back there yelling at me at the top of her lungs and the situation went straight downhill when I told her to just FUCK RIGHT OFF. Well, she whips her car around mine and is in front of me and then when I'm trying to go down the road she's stopping her car trying to make me run into the back of her and I'm totally losing it, in the pure depths of road rage. I knew I had to get away from the situation, she's going 15 m.p.h. in front of me and trying to make me wreck. I waited till she was passing a street on the right and I made the right turn at the last second and got away. I truly wanted to wrap my fingers around her crappy throat and press very, very hard. And that's a scary feeling.

I felt like my blood pressure was at emergency room level and I was shaking. Well once that level of freak outedness is reached, its only a matter of time and I'm going to cry. I can't control it, I can't stop it, its like its a release from all that pent-up emotion and it HAS to happen. It took awhile but before I could get home the tears were flowing freely.

So now my mood is ruined, I have a headache, my sinuses are giving me hell, my contacts are all fuzzy from salty tears, I am full of self-recriminations and I am totally loathing that bitch.

So there's only one remedy - take out my contacts and curl up in bed with a rock and roll magazine and a forbidden Pepsi. But I really want to know - how do YOU handle extreme and unexpected pressure like that? Does your temper get the best of you or are you cool as a cucumber? Do you try to get away from bad situations or do you just go ahead and commit homicide? And do you cry like a boo-hooey baby afterwards? I'm an idiot.