I would have ruled this world too, if it weren't for you meddling kids!
Tuesday, May 09, 2006
WHO INVENTED BANKERS' HOURS?

brendalove@gmail.com

I am not an unreasonable person. I understand that everyone out there works hard. I understand that things have worked the way they have worked for a hellava long time in this country. But for the love of God.....how come banks aren't open past 5:00 p.m.?

Now there is one bank here in my town that is open until 7:00.....but that's not the bank I need. The bank I need....their drive-through window is open until 6:00 p.m. Well, that's no good because my working hours have been from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. lately. I called this bank today and asked them could I just put my paperwork in a sealed envelope and slide it under the door. NO, ABSOLUTELY NOT. I have to be there to hand it to a real live person, in person. This is the 21st century and to have to be present in person for anything is absolutely insane.

Which got me to thinking.....why aren't banks just open until like 9:00 at night? Its not like they don't have any money to pay people! I can understand that maybe you wouldn't be able to withdraw large sums of money for safety reasons.....but at least you could make deposits or sign paperwork or for God's sake, hand something to somebody IN PERSON. Just have a window open till 9:00! Its not like there's not people out there who wouldn't love to work from say.....1:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. People need jobs! I need a bank that's open!

SOMEBODY DO SOMETHING!