I would have ruled this world too, if it weren't for you meddling kids!
Friday, May 12, 2006
I'M A SOCIAL RETARD

Brendalove@gmail.com

So. I met a guy. A nice guy. A polite guy. An older guy. Seriously, he's like almost 20 years older than me. But I don't care about that sort of thing when the guy is nice and polite. It's at the point now where I can just tell.....all I would need to do is give the universally accepted sign that I was interested and boom! We'd be dating and I'd probably be married by like...next month or something. These older guys don't play around....they're ready to get hitched so somebody can be cooking for them and washing those dirty socks.

I know all of you are going to yell at me.....but I just can't do it. I like him but I can't get interested....you know, genuinely interested. And it has nothing to do with his age, his looks, his interests....or anything, really. He's an ace guy. I'm the problem. I just feel dead inside romantically. All I can muster up is a benign LIKE. I like him. I like talking to him. I like it when we talk on the phone......but the part I like the best is when we're hanging up.

This isn't normal. I'm honestly thinking about a session or two with a shrink. I don't feel depressed, I just don't feel anything at all! And I'm certainly not going to drag some perfectly nice man into something that resembles a relationship when I am secretly starting to wonder if I have brain damage.

So Older Guy is going to move on and I'm going to let him. He'll have himself a new wife within 6 weeks....these older guys move at the speed of light when it comes to relationships. And I'm going to be happy for him. In the meantime, I am going to find myself a good shrink because I might need some sort of brain scan.