I would have ruled this world too, if it weren't for you meddling kids!
Monday, April 03, 2006
GOIN' BLIND

Brendalove@gmail.com

When I went to the eye doctor last week, I was seen by the nicest woman eye doctor ever. She was very knowledgable on all things EYE and was so caring and concerned that I didn't feel like I should quiz anyone about where Dr. Hott is now. It came down to....which is more important...caring or hotness? Well, you KNOW which is more important but I felt guilty for feeling that way so I didn't say anything. I guess hotness is kind of like ships passing in the night, you have to appreciate it while you are in the midst of it, for it will soon be gone. I think it was the great poet Tennyson who said "Enjoy ye hotness while ye may."


A little background is in order here......I wear contacts. I've been wearing glasses since I was 8 years old because I am horribly near-sighted. Its totally ridiculous. If I lived in the 1700's I would need a "companion" to help me through living everyday life. So anyway.....my eyes are deteriorating at a steady (and scary) rate and there's really nothing I can do about it. The nice lady doctor looked at me, sighed, and told me I really need bifocals (!!!!!) but since I'm so young to just go out and get some magnifiers from the drug store and wear them when I'm on the computer and reading. This should buy me some time before my vision deteriorates further. So now I'm wearing full-strength contacts AND drug store glasses, just like a little old lady. I'm thinking about getting myself a shawl and cane....I may as well LIVE THE PART, ya know?

Here's me just hanging around the house.

I can't help but wonder if I'll eventually go blind when I really am old. As horrible as that would be....I think it would be better than losing my hearing. Life without music or hearing my loved ones talking to me would be unbearable. But life without being able to read makes me feel all woozy inside.....oh heck, this post is going nowhere!

Back to positive thinking and I'll see you tomorrow!