I would have ruled this world too, if it weren't for you meddling kids!
Tuesday, February 07, 2006
IT IS BETTER TO HAVE LOVED AND LOST THAN TO HAVE NEVER LOVED AT ALL

Brendalove@gmail.com

I don't know what it was about today but as soon as Crazy Woman clocked out, it was more fun than we've had in a long time. It just seemed like everyone was joking with each other, being gay (not THAT kind of gay), and lots o' laughter. Then one of the guys in the department printed off pictures of several of us, taped them to popsicle sticks and performed an impromptu puppet show over the top of the cubicle.


For a minute I thought I was in love with him. Its not every day that you come across someone who so perfectly reflects back to you a level of stupidity previously known to exist only in yourself. I had a sudden flash of how it could be....him and me, together. Cartoons every day, Spaghettios for dinner every night and contests to see who can sing the best while gargling.

Then I noticed on his computer that he was listening to "Monster Ballads".....a compilation of the cheesiest of cheese metal. And suddenly my love for him died. The End.


Everybody is giving the Rolling Stones hell for their Super Bowl performance. Come on folks, give 'em a break! Who would have ever thought we'd ever see ANYONE rocking out at 65? Its time to break the final taboo....age as a limitation.


Sparkle and I had seperate Super Bowl plans but when we were together again, the first thing she said was "Mom, the Rolling Stones were pretty good but they're SO OLD!"
Me: "I know honey. But Mick Jagger can still work a stage, can't he?"
Sparkle: "Yeah, he really can. I mean, I can kind of see why people would have liked them back in the day, kind of...I guess."
You got to hand it to the child for at least attempting to decipher her music history.

But for those old enough to remember.....is it not the ultimate delicious irony that corporate media America considers the Rolling Stones to be "safer" than Janet Jackson and Justin Timberlake? How quickly they forget, eh?