I would have ruled this world too, if it weren't for you meddling kids!
Friday, January 27, 2006
GOSSIP DISSERTATION

brendalove@gmail.com

The Bible says....in one of those books of it...somewhere....something about gossip being a sin.


I felt bad because I caught myself gossiping today. It was a small group of friends and we were gossiping about how Crazy Woman is......you know......crazy. And she is. But even though we were stating plain, well-known facts, it crossed my mind that if Crazy Woman knew that we were discussing her plain-as-the-nose-on-your-face insanity, she might be hurt. And gossip is bad if someone is hurt, right?

And Confucius said something like "Man who gossips is bad, bad, BAD! And small-minded too."

Here's Confucius. Who died and left him boss, anyway?

But if I can't gossip, I may as well just shut the blog down and spend the rest of my life picking my nose and making a nice boogie mosaic. And what are you supposed to talk with your friends about? If you talk about music, you're gossiping and then all the crappy bands will be hurt. If its politics, Hillary Clinton is going to get her feelings hurt, that's a given. You can talk about the weather, but eventually you're going to end up talking about how sub-par the local weatherman is on Channel 6 (or Channel 06, if you're using my remote). He gets his feelings hurt on a regular basis.

This bitch couldn't forecast rain on a rainy day.

So lets face it. I'm a sinner. Its straight to hell from here on out. And somewhere out there, the ghost of Confucius is shaking his head.

I would be interested to know how others out there feel about gossip. So gossip amongst yourselves about gossiping.

See ya this weekend on your blog, and I'll be back with an update on Monday!