I would have ruled this world too, if it weren't for you meddling kids!
Sunday, November 27, 2005
LOVING MY TIME OFF FROM WORK!

Brendalove@gmail.com



Ummm....YES! But I'm doing it. No, I don't have a self-cleaning oven. Actually it was originally my mother's oven, which was purchased around the time astronauts were first landing on the moon. Well, maybe not quite that long ago...but I bet I'm not off by much. Hey, it still works fine, I'm not coming up off of money for a new one till I have to.

I've gotten a lot of housework done during this fine Thanksgiving holiday. I might actually be able to enjoy a feeling of being somewhat caught up for a little while.


I read a horrible story in the new Rolling Stone (with Madonna on the cover) about the refugees from that killer earthquake back in October, when so many people died. There are millions without a place to live, and they are in tent cities (if they are one of the lucky ones)...unprotected from the elements, with only a thin sheet of canvas to protect them from the winter snows, which are starting to fall. It is a critically grave situation over there right now. Please stop what you're doing for a minute and offer up a prayer for those people, particularly the kids and the elderly. It is absolutely heartbreaking. Our own Katrina refugees are in a bad spot, but nothing like this.