I would have ruled this world too, if it weren't for you meddling kids!
Tuesday, June 28, 2005
DUMB

brendalove@gmail.com

Okay, there's this Beatles song, right? You know it, oh yes indeed, all of you know it. I've heard the thing my entire....e-n-t-i-r-e freaking life, but I never knew the words in the chorus. And didn't really care....to be honest, the music is the most important thing to me. But today in the grocery store it was playing....and all of a sudden, for the first time in 40 years, I understood what they were saying. And its something so incredibly simple, so fundamentally fundamental, that I just can't believe I never understood it before now. It makes me really worry about myself....I need to have my head checked or something. And no, dammit, I'm NOT TELLING YOU what the song is....I don't need all of you laughing at me. But I know which song it is, and I have to live with this shame the rest of my life.



In my own defense though, I do have problems with information overload. I can only handle just so much at one time. If some information is not vitally important for survival or at the heart of one of my interests, I do end up forgetting it. Or just never absorbing it to begin with. Sometimes I can hear a CD and think it absolutely SUCKS....then throw it in the player a year later and wonder what the hell I was thinking. Its like I just wasn't READY TO HEAR IT YET. And unless you name your song something obvious from the chorus, I'm never going to remember the name of the song. I'll be able to hum the music, but I'll never remember the name. I only have just so many neurons available for storage, I guess.

So basically I guess you could say I'm just dumb.