I would have ruled this world too, if it weren't for you meddling kids!
Monday, June 20, 2005
I DON'T LIKE SPIDERS AND SQUIRRELS

brendalove@gmail.com

Just a few short blurbs today. I am finishing up my Viking King Refuge blog and I'll be turning my full attention back to this blog shortly.



INJURY OF THE DAY:
My laundry room is not really a part of the inside of the house but more a part of the garage. A squirrel broke in there this past week and wreaked havoc. As you can probably guess, I never enter my laundry room just for the hell of it to admire it. So when I go in there to actually wash some clothes....it was unbelievable. The squirrel had found a huge bag of bird seed I was keeping for this winter and.....oh boy. Seed shells were EVERYWHERE. I managed to snag a friend's Heavy Duty Shop-Vac and that made short work of cleaning up the two hundred million thousand seed shells. All was good.....except about the time I was finishing up, a spider bit me on the foot. I felt a horrible sting and caught a glimpse of it on my foot and I was so scared I immediately sucked it up with the Shop-Vac, so I don't know what kind of spider it was. But part of my foot is turning kind of black looking. It doesn't hurt though!

A definitive conspiratorial link between the squirrel and the spider has not yet been established.

INDISPUTABLE FACT OF THE DAY:



Sparkle (pictured with Ace) is crazy. Just my humble opinion. She is aware of my humble opinion. That is all.

MISSING IN ACTION:



2 CDs:
My Bloody Valentine - Loveless
The Mars Volta - Frances the Mute

I can carry on as normal until the day when I either find the Mars Volta CD, or get another one. However, I can feel my life's core essentials for survival fading slowly each moment that My Bloody Valentine remains MIA. Must Take Action Immediately.

INSULT OF THE DAY:


Which piece of art do you find more stimulating? The beautiful swirling colors or Elvis after he's baked in the sun for too long? It DOES look just like him, though.

I showed a friend a new piece of my artwork and he was like "Oh this is nice. You should see the stuff [a mutual friend] does. He can make it look JUST LIKE it actually looks!"

Puh-leeze.

Okay, not to take anything away from the realists out there....but if you want artwork that looks JUST LIKE it actually looks.....why don't you just take a photograph? Once again.....just my humble opinion.