I would have ruled this world too, if it weren't for you meddling kids!
Sunday, February 27, 2005
TO MARS VOLTA OR NOT TO MARS VOLTA....THAT IS THE QUESTION

brendalove@gmail.com

Tuesday's coming. The big day for new CD releases in the US. And I'm torn. I don't know what to do. Should I go get it? Should I?

I've heard bad things. I've heard some good things. I don't have money to waste on a piece of crap. The common sense thing to do would be to just wait and see what the thing sounds like. However, as most of you know, I am very impulsive and I don't have the patience to wait around and see. Not only that, but I live to be the first person on my block to be in the know about the latest music. Not that anybody on my block cares, but whatever. North Carolina isn't really a Mars Volta kind of place, either. In fact, the only people I know who even like The Mars Volta are from the internet, but that's totally besides the point. I've had plenty of time to prepare myself for if this thing is god-awful. Its not like back in the days of my youth, when the Rolling Stones released "Some Girls" and the devastating shock we had of purchasing "Emotional Rescue" after that. All of us needed emotional rescuing after that one. Holy shit. And the Stones never recovered from that either. So....whaddaya think....should I go get The Mars Volta release on Tuesday or what?

[This is what I am scared will happen. I can't take total credit for this cartoon either. Its based on one I saw when I was a kid. I have no idea where I saw it, when I saw it or who drew it....but to whoever you are, this is the best props I can give you. ]

Here's something I'm really enjoying a lot:

The band is called.....And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Dead......quite a mouthful, eh? They will be hereafter referred to as Trail of Dead. Their new record is called Worlds Apart. Now I don't listen to a lot of classic rock anymore and its always hard for me to predict if a "classic rock" person would get into something that's new....but I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that all you classic rock people who hate alternative music...you might actually like this one. When it starts out its kind of.....uh huh, uh huh....but by about the 4th or 5th song you start to realize you're just drifting from one song into the next and everything's kind of spacey and this is all a good thing. If you go out and buy it and then you hate it, please email me and I'll send you some sort of consolation prize. But I really think you would like it. If those of you that have already heard it think I'm all wrong, please let me know.