I would have ruled this world too, if it weren't for you meddling kids!
Wednesday, November 03, 2004
And The Winner Is.........?

BConklin1@nc.rr.com

As of this writing, who our new Prez is going to be hasn't been announced. I'm sure the government probably has a deal with the media to milk the race for all its worth so people will sit up late watching TV, ratings will soar and everybody but me will make money.

Here is a little something dedicated to my friend Kyle, who went to see Local H last night. I've been stalking his blog waiting for a review.....but I got a feeling he's in recovery at the moment!


"To piss away potential everyday is a waste - and I'm wasted EVE-RY-DAY!"

I went to Wal-Mart today. It's incredible how much fodder for bloggery exists in that store. However, this was the thing that really caught my eye today:



They're kidding, right? They're not? Wow. If I had had extra money to burn I would have bought this just to see what in the hell was in it. I wonder if Mary Kate and Ashley use their own calendar?

Monday - school, hair, nails, coke deal, dancing till 3:00 a.m.
Tuesday - skip school, fashion show, coke deal, date until 3:00 a.m.
Wednesday - skip early classes only, do enough coke to get through later classes, coke deal, hit the coffee shop, do some more coke, go to a club, more coke, never go to bed
Thursday - sleep all day, miss all classes....only do a little bit of coke, just to get going
Friday - Get ready for the weekend!

- A favorite childhood game of Mary Kate and Ashley's.....

So, I finished my shopping and headed for the checkout....only to discover that our Wal-Mart now has those Check Your Own Ass Out aisles installed. Nuh uh. I might would do it for a pack of gum....but anything more and somebody's going to be waiting on me. As one of the upper middle poverty class, I spend my life waiting on others. I deserve to be pampered too. Somebody can wait on me once every two weeks while I turn my paycheck over to Wal-Mart, dammit. Even the Working Poor need to feel important sometimes and if I've got to blow my whole check on shampoo, conditioner, deodorant, toothpaste, toilet paper, tampons, etc.....then someone needs to take care of all that shit for me while I Prepare The Check For Passing. Sorry, there's only just so far into the future I really care to venture. Old School, baby, and proud of it.

I sat down on a bench after I checked out and was waiting for my friend to finish her stuff up. Sitting directly across from me was a bench with this exact same Ronald McDonald figure sitting on it....


I can't believe I found an exact copy of it on the internet. Complete with some random guy craving Ronald's Quarter Pounder. But ANYWAY......

Apparently Ronald McDonald holds some kind of strange sex appeal for young and old alike. While I was sitting there, a three year old boy walks up to the Ronald McDonald figure. He looks at it minute, then he comes up and touches its leg, and then he starts saying real loud "RONALD MCDONALD!" over and over. Curiosity was getting the better of him and he was checking out Ronald's shoes and everything else. Finally he reaches down between Ronald's legs and starts screaming "THAT'S YO ASS, RONALD MCDONALD!" so the whole store could hear.

I thought I would bust a gut laughing. All I could do was squeak because I was laughing so hard. His poor mom was so embarrassed and came running up, took his hand, and slunk out of the store red-faced. I don't think she appreciated everyone laughing their ass off at her kid. Too funny.

And finally, we've made it to closing arguments in the Scott Peterson case. I'm not happy about it but I don't think the defense has proven "beyond a reasonable doubt" guilt to the tune of a death sentence. I'll be very surprised if the judge imposes the death penalty.....but I'm positive there will be a life sentence with no parole. This little jerkoff will probably walk away from this with his life at least....and that's better than his wife and kid got.