I would have ruled this world too, if it weren't for you meddling kids!
Wednesday, April 11, 2007
SLEEP CLINIC

Brendalove@gmail.com

Have you ever heard anyone say "It feels like I didn't even sleep last night", and you just figure they didn't get enough sleep? Well, it happened to me for real this morning.

I snapped into consciousness and the clock was buzzing....6:00 a.m. No way. My eyes weren't even hungover with sleep. I never slept. I sat up and looked out the window. Darkness. Something was wrong with that damned clock, it was supposed to go off at 5:00 a.m. I padded into the living room to check the clock there. 6:00 a.m.

I was in total denial. I never slept! How could it possibly be 6:00 a.m.? I was feeling seriously scared and confused. I had not dreamt at all. Apparently I was hitting the snooze on the clock with absolutely no trigger to my conscious mind. It was the strangest feeling ever. I went to bed and went to the Twilight Zone, obviously. Finally I was able to convince myself that everything was okay and it was just some fluke and that I must have slept.

Is this kind of thing normal? Has it ever happened to you?

Labels: