I would have ruled this world too, if it weren't for you meddling kids!
Saturday, April 14, 2007
GOODY TWO-SHOES

brendalove@gmail.com

Once I asked a person why we never got togther anymore, were we still friends? And this person tells me that they were uncomfortable with a friendship where everything was so laid back. This person said that they could sense that no matter what, there was nothing they could ever do to make me not care about them anymore! And gave the example that if Monica Lewinsky had been my personal friend, I would probably still be standing there defending her! WTH, man? Of course I would have stood by ol' Monica, even though she was being super-slutty, a freaking dingbat, and using tobacco tampons to boot! I guess everyone else would have deserted Monica when the going got tough? Well I guess they did desert her, actually. I thought friendship was supposed to be forever basically, and that you stand by your friends and love them even if they are the biggest screw-ups ever. Maybe you don't agree with something a friend did, but you still support them as a friend.



I swear to God, I think I grew up reading too many Little House on the Prarie books, and I know I watched way too many Andy Griffith episodes. I drank all that friendship and loyalty and honesty crap in and believed every bit of it. And it has caused me no end of heartbreak in my adult life. My mother really should have monitored my media intake a little bit better.



I mean, if you prefer to have friends that are going to run at the first sign of choppy waters, then I guess that's cool, but I guess we probably shouldn't be friends. I wouldn't want to make you uncomfortable.


Labels: