I would have ruled this world too, if it weren't for you meddling kids!
Monday, March 05, 2007
WANTED: BRAIN CONNECTORS IN REASONABLY GOOD WORKING ORDER

brendalove@gmail.com

Did I blog about this before?

I read this book about the brain. There were all kinds of interesting tidbits about the brain in it....but this tidbit has totally ruined everything.

It has been proven in brain surgery patients that were conscious (but I am hoping were anesthetized) that prodding certain areas of the brain can produce a deja-vu experience. From this the following hypothesis has formed: (I'm totally paraphrasing here)

The brain, of course has two hemispheres. These hemispheres are connected by.....um....connectors. These connectors relay info back and forth between the hemispheres so you get "the full story" of whatever it is your brain is processing. It has been theorized that deja-vu is nothing more than a temporary lag problem in the hemisphere connectors.

So this means you see a tree with your left brain. Your left brain processes it and sends necessary info to the right brain. BUT....for whatever reason, there is a connector lag. Therefore you process it as.....
Left brain: Oh a tree!
LAG
Right brain: Oh a tree! I've seen this shit before somewhere, maybe even in another life!

What do you think about this? I've had soooo many deja-vu experiences, and now they're going to tell me I just have faulty connectors??????

It's depressing. I need some magic.

And I still don't remember if I have blogged about it before.

Labels: