I would have ruled this world too, if it weren't for you meddling kids!
Sunday, March 11, 2007
THE END OF CHRISTINE

brendalove@gmail.com

Here's how the Christine saga unfolded:

Sparkle found out about the phone call. When I wasn't paying attention, she got my phone and called it. She didn't get the lady, but she got her voice mail. The girl's name is Lisa. So Sparkle leaves her an ultra-polite message telling her that this is her mother's phone and her mother's name is not Christine, etc. etc. Don't call back. I was praising Sparkle for her good manners when Lisa calls back:
"LOOK, Sweetie, I KNOW what Christine's voice sounds like and that is CHRISTINE!"

So then my daughter, who has been having some real anger issues lately, calls her back again. I heard this conversation myself....and so did half of the neighborhood. "OMG DO YOU NOT THINK PEOPLE EVER CHANGE THEIR PHONE NUMBER? MY MOM HAS HAD THIS PHONE FOR A %&*$&#* YEAR! STOP BEING SUCH A BITCH AND QUIT CALLING!" By this time I am holding my head and basically freaking out. My lovely daughter and her potty mouth.

But lo and behold....she didn't call back! At least, not for like 12 hours. Then she calls back. I see the number pop up and I'm like...oh no not again. I sure wasn't going to answer it. So then my phone lets me know I have a message. I listen to it and an extremely remorseful and embarrassed sounding Lisa issues a heartfelt apology. She's says, "I really thought you were Christine, she's a real witch I've been trying to get revenge on. I am so sorry and I'll never bother you again."

ALL RIGHT.....which one of you called her?

Labels: