I would have ruled this world too, if it weren't for you meddling kids!
Sunday, January 07, 2007
SOME THINGS ARE BETTER THAN MONEY

Brendalove@gmail.com

Here's a question/scenario for those of you that have been reading this blog for awhile:

Let us suppose that at some point in the past that you and I had been married. And now you're in a bind and can't pay child support. And maybe feeling a little bad about it?

How would you go about making amends with me?

That's right. Bring your whole CD collection over and let me burn it to my iTunes!!!


That's what he did, he just showed up with them, two large cases stinking to high heaven of the ghosts of cigarettes from bachelor parties gone by. They be stankin'.

At first glance, his CD collection is so generic looking. He's got a whole case of those compilation CDs that you order off TV: "Love Songs", "70's Party Mix" "Class Reunion" (pick a year, any year). It's like, oh my God. But I sat down and started scanning the CDs and I perked up a bit. I mean, England Dan and John Ford Coley. Seals and Crofts. Rita Coolidge. Al Green. Earth Wind and Fire bringing the soul, while Parliament Funkadelic brings the funk. Then Joe Cocker brings the schizophrenia while Barry White wraps it all up with some good lovin', babe. Who would have guessed my ex was such a 70's a.m. radio historian? I'm down with it, I'll be ripping songs all weekend.



Whoo-wee!
Uh!
Ooo-ooo
Uh!

All my life I never stop to worry 'bout a thing
Open up and shout it out, never try to sing
Wonderin' if I've done it wrong
Will this depression last for long?

Won't you tell me
Where have all the good times gone?
Where have all the good times gone?
Where have all the good times gone?

Once we had an easy ride an' always felt the same
Time was on our side, we had everything to gain
Let it be like yesterday
Is that me or Happy Days?

Ma and Pa look back on all the things they used to do
They never had no money and they always told the truth
Daddy didn't need no little toys
Mommy didn't need no little boys

Won't you tell me
Where have all the good times gone?
Where have all the good times gone?
Where have all the good times gone?
Ow!

(Guitar Solo)


Yesterday was such an easy game for you to play
Aw, but then let's face it, things are easier today
Guess you need some bringing down
Get your feet back on the ground

Won't you tell meWhere have all the good times gone?
Where have all the good times gone?
Where have all the good times gone?
Where have all the good times gone?

Labels: