I would have ruled this world too, if it weren't for you meddling kids!
Tuesday, January 30, 2007
HOW I KILLED BUCK OWENS' LEAD GUITARIST

Brendalove@gmail.com

Back in the day, Buck Owens, the country singer, had a lead guitarist named DON RICH . A man who seemed very nice and by all accounts was quite talented by country music standards. And I killed him, just as sure as if I pulled a gun on him.


It was just another Saturday night in (according to Wikipedia) July, 1974. The beloved TV show HEE HAW was on the tube and I was mad. I don't remember what I was mad about, I guess I was just being a spoiled brat. Maybe I was wanting to watch one of the other (two) channels or something.

But HEE HAW was on the tube, Buck Owens was singing a song, and the poor aforementioned Don Rich was backing him up. He was in the background, playing his guitar and singing harmony, and I was so mad about whatever, and I thought in my mind, "I HATE that guy, I HATE his singing, AND I WISH HE WAS DEAD!"

Lo and behold, about 3 days later, he was. He was in a car wreck. This blew me out of the water, and I have felt guilty about it for almost 35 years now.

I wished that guy dead, and he died.

And that's how I discovered the power of the mind. I learned the hard way that you don't wish any old thing just because you are feeling like a spoiled brat. Sometimes I tell people that I am sending them some good vibes, and I really do mean that. I believe in mind power. I don't think I can control destiny, like RATIONALLY I realize that man didn't die because I wished him dead. But I do think there is power in the mind, I think we can send other people good energy....or bad energy. Maybe I sent Don Rich's bad energy over the threshold.


Labels: