I would have ruled this world too, if it weren't for you meddling kids!
Monday, December 04, 2006
TEENAGE NIGHTMARE

Brendalove@gmail.com

Somehow my blog has become a depository of teenage nightmare stories. Go figure.

My child has become an out-of-control Want Machine:

GIMME!!!!! NOW!

She wants a car. Har-dee-har-har. She wants CD players, DVD's, jewelry, freaky hair styles, killer nails, a gym membership, a tanning membership, a laptop, wide-screen TVs, home entertainment systems and unbelievable cell phones. People Of The World, I don't mind telling you that my salary only stretches just so far!!! Working for Conglomo is a good thing, but only the Prez is making the millions, yaknowwhudimsayin'?



And of course, no mention has been made of HER getting a job. Actually, that's not true, I'VE mentioned it many times, but it hasn't happened yet.

Now here's the latest. There is a shed in my back yard. Its an attractive little shed that my father built when I was a little girl. My sister and I made it into a "club house" back in the day....that is, a safe place to go smoke cigarettes and read rock magazines while blaring music that my mother couldn't stand.

Now my child wants to make a "club house" for her and her friends. I know she's not smoking, but I bet she wants to play some of her music I can't stand down there at loud volumes. She has enlisted all of her friends to help her clean this shed. All of the boxes of stuff I had stored down there are now back in my house. I haven't uttered any complaints.....she's going to be 18 in a year and a half, you know?

But now she is plotting paint, carpet, tools to paint and carpet with, and who knows what else. She even went and got COLOR SAMPLES, fer gawd's sake. She's contemplating curtains and furniture. Next thing you know, she's going to be arranging for ductwork for the heating and air-conditioning.

My thing is.......WHO IS PAYING FOR ALL THIS? I haven't said a word, and I'm not going to say a word. I am not paying for the ultimate playhouse, I'm just not going to do it. And if someone gets a J-O-B, she's not going to have time to lounge in the ultimate playhouse anyway.

I wish I was rich and could give her everything. But I'M JUST NOT.