I would have ruled this world too, if it weren't for you meddling kids!
Tuesday, October 10, 2006
SO GLAD YOU ARE HERE

Brendalove@gmail.com

I woke up this morning and I was still here.......and not a nucleated, bomb-out scrap of ash. I was able to log on to CNN and read the latest about North Korea's underground nuclear bombing testing. And I trembled.

Here is something worth fighting for. A real, unbelievably real, threat to all the world. Yet our troops are depleted and tired; they have been too busy fighting Bush's personal grudge.

I question my decision to have brought a child in the world. Would she be strong enough to withstand the immense stress that a bombing, a real war, the terrors that all of this could entail? Or will our children die slowly, cursing their parents' names for bringing their world to this?

America has been "top dog" for a long, long time now. We are a spoiled, arrogant nation. We are despised by the rest of the world, and for many of them, their only point of reference to what our nation stands for is the face of an idiot.

What happens now? It could happen, you know. Yeah, its Doomsday Thinking. Maybe I should just go browse Ebay or play some online games, and not think? Maybe a trip to Washington DC is in order this weekend? I can chug-a-lug up there in my ghetto-ized car, hope I make it, and stand on the sidewalk in front of the Capitol. Maybe I can hold a sign. Should I stand and be counted or is it useless at this point anyway?

I've never felt so helpless. How are you feeling today?