I would have ruled this world too, if it weren't for you meddling kids!
Thursday, September 21, 2006
THE INVIBSIBLE WOMAN

Brendalove@gmail.com

I stole this celebrity quote from Joy Division's CELEBUTAUNT blog

"Being gay and being a woman has one big thing in common, which is that we both become invisible after the age of 42." Rupert Everett


Thank God, I haven't reached the age of invisibility yet! But let's face it, before I know it, I am going to be invisible. You know, there really is something to all that "Better to burn out than to fade away" stuff (Thanks a whole lot, Neil Young).


In other "I've lived past my prime" news, today I have my yearly (or in my case, every 2 years) physical. You know what that means, stirrups and chastisement. They'll be starting in on me first thing.....
"We never received the results of your last mammogram."
"That's because I never did one."
"So you have never had a mammogram at all?"
"That's right."


and it will all go downhill from there. I can't do it, I'm sorry. Its not like boobs are nothing but lumps of flesh hanging around....they're full of nerves and.......other stuff. I don't want them mashed flat. Just the thought of it gets me all teary-eyed, I'm teary-eyed now!! Let me tell you, the only way a mammogram will ever happen is if I happen to be knocked out cold. Maybe they can catch me on a Friday night the next time I decide to try Jagermeister shots.


Yes, I realize I am being a baby. I don't care what anybody thinks. Boobs were not meant to be mashed flat in machines. I will do the monthly self-exams and I'll donate money to breast cancer research and I will do loads of good deeds, but I not going to voluntarily submit to Tit Torture. Yes, I understand I am running a risk. But look at it this way, I don't care because I'm soon going to be invisible anyway!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!