I would have ruled this world too, if it weren't for you meddling kids!
Monday, August 07, 2006
I HATE MONDAYS

Brendalove@gmail.com

Wow! It was a busy weekend. It was good ol' TAX FREE WEEKEND in North Carolina and every single person in the good State was at the mall. Jeans for school, shirts for school, underwear for school, school supplies....all of these were purchased. At Borders bookstore, I tried to convince the cashier that issues of Filter, Uncut and Classic Rock were required school reading for my daughter, who would soon be attending the Julliard School of Music.....but she wasn't buying my story. I had to pay the tax on the magazines. People were buying computers and laptops and software and dorm refrigerators and luggage and clothes, clothes, CLOTHES! The Dollar Store was offering everything tax free whether it qualified or not!

Now if only North Carolina would offer a Free Gas Weekend.....