I would have ruled this world too, if it weren't for you meddling kids!
Wednesday, July 05, 2006
BACK TO THE GRIND

brendalove@gmail.com



I loved my four days off! I got a LOT of housework done. I tackled a project that I knew was going to take me awhile...my room! It was a national disaster area. I knew it was going to take awhile to clean it the way I wanted it cleaned...and when was I ever going to have time? This four day weekend was perfect! Every single thing was taken out of my room and I cleaned the walls, the baseboards, the carpet, all the furniture...even underneath!...and I got rid of bags and bags of crap that I had accumulated. Project Complete. YES!!!!

It was a great time for housework because the weather has just been awful. It is hot and muggy....muggy beyond all mugginess. I can't be out in it for long before I am a sweaty mess. My hair is thick and it starts getting wet at the roots within a few minutes of being outside. Just while loading bags of stuff in my car, I got damp hair. I can't stand it. And of course nobody wants a case of Southern Swamp Ass. Its definitely Swamp Ass Weather.

If you live in the South, you already know what I'm talking about. I daresay a lot of you non-Southerners know a thing or two about Swamp Ass yourselves. Its when you have to be outdoors in July or August for any length of time. You get wet, everywhere. You feel like stopping off by the Fire Department and asking them if they'll hose you down. It is a bad experience, but the worst is what is going on down there in your drawers. Its one great big swamp of sweat-soaked cotton and you just want to die because you're so uncomfortable. I ain't getting next to anyone until I've had a long shower.....and you ain't getting next to me till you've gotten next to some soap yourself!

So for now I am an Indoors Woman and proud of it.