I would have ruled this world too, if it weren't for you meddling kids!
Tuesday, June 20, 2006
MEXICANS MIA

Brendalove@gmail.com

About 2 to 3 years ago, some bulldozers showed up in my neighborhood and plowed down the woods across the street from my house and built a cute little new house and a young Mexican family moved in. There was Mr. Mexican, Ms. Mexican and the adorable Baby Mexican. They seemed like good people and fairly well-to-do but I never got a chance to meet them because when I was outside and tried to make eye contact to start a conversation, they would never look at me. I would just stand there in my driveway and they would never look up....KNOWING I was standing there. I soon accepted the fact that I didn't exist and kept on living.

They were pretty good neighbors, only occasionally blasting their accordian music. They had another Baby Mexican after awhile. My only real complaint is that sometime around Halloween, Mr. Mexican would morph into Mr. Christmas Enthusiast and their whole yard would just be one great big flashing Christmas light.....which would eventually be removed by February. Yeah, that bothered me.

But things weren't always kosher for the Mexican Family. Mr. and Mrs. fought, a lot. He would always get mad and jump into the SUV, spinning gravel and dust everywhere (I live on a dirt road remember) and that happened more than just a couple of times.

About 2 weeks ago, I noticed in an abstract sort of way that the Mexicans had been neglecting their lawn. That was VERY unlike them. I figured they were on vacation or something because I hadn't seen the Baby Mexicans playing outside. Then last Saturday Mr. Mexican got out there and mowed the grass. I didn't think a thing about it.

And now......they're gone. There's a For Sale sign. Nobody seems to know what happened but I did find out that Mrs. Mexican and the Babies left about the time the grass started being neglected. The only thing left over there now is one lone Christmas wreath on one of the windows....and no, I'm NOT kidding.

I think the parents split up but who knows? Now they are all gone and I can't help but wish that good things happen for them and good times are in their future.

I wonder who will move over there now? I ask this with both excitement and a hell of a lot of anxiety. Whoever it is, I hope they have a high blogability factor.