I would have ruled this world too, if it weren't for you meddling kids!
Thursday, May 25, 2006
I STILL LIVE AND BREATHE

Brendalove@gmail.com

So I didn't blog for a couple of days. I have writer's block. Its not that I don't have anything to talk about, as usual, THAT is never a problem. Its just that after I finish writing it....it doesn't feel right. If I write something happy I feel like a geek. If I write about something sad I feel emo. If I complain I feel like an ingrate. So I'll just tell you a few things that's happened to me over the last few days:

1. I actually did see a shrink as I have been threatening. I don't know what I expected. I had visions of a deep meeting of the minds....wisdom, guidance and communion with a wiser power than myself. Kind of like how Grasshopper and Master would discuss (by the light of 100,000 candles) becoming one with the universe. Kind of like Goku learning the Kamehameha from Master Roshi. Kind of like Tim the Tool Man learning the facts of women from Wilson while standing in the backyard. What I got was a Wellbutrin prescription. I should have been a shrink...that's one easy job.
2. I lost my keys. I looked for them everywhere. I searched, cursed, ranted and curled up in a fetal position but I finally found them....right where they should have been. I'm really kind of embarassed to be telling you about that.
3. I am reading the Marilyn Manson biography. Whew. YOU GOIN' TO HELL, BOY!
4. I almost had my homeowner's insurance dropped for non-payment. I just completely spaced it out. Now I get to make up the money for screwing up!
5. Sparkle got inducted into the National Technical Honor Society. It was a beautiful moment, especially since she almost flunked her grade 2 years ago in a fit of rebellion.
6. At the induction ceremony, there was a handful of teachers that were there to support the students. Lo and behold, there stood one of MY old teachers from high school!!!!!! She's still going at it strong....however, she is NOT still teaching typing skills on Olivetti typewriters anymore. But for once I felt NOT OLD. Just how old can I be if one of my old teachers is still teaching, right? Its a great feeling.

And that's all for now. Maybe something cool will happen tomorrow. Or not.