I would have ruled this world too, if it weren't for you meddling kids!
Friday, May 26, 2006
BREAKING THE BARRIER OF WRITER'S BLOCK

Brendalove@gmail.com
Writer's exercise in breaking out of writer's block: make lists.

- Today is Friday
- Its pay day.
- My boss was talking about me on the phone yesterday. I just heard her tell someone what my position is and she was acting like she couldn't talk to the person because I was nearby. I'm so paranoid!
- The job has been going well. I think so, anyway. What if I am not doing as well as I think I am?
- I bought the Raconteurs CD. I like it pretty good. But nothing has really knocked my socks off for quite awhile now.
- I got caught in a killer rainstorm yesterday. I got drenched. I was all pissy because I had to wash my hair again.
- I found a pristine copy of MOJO magazine from last year when it was the 25th anniversary of Ian Curtis' death.
- I saw one of Sparkle's old friends yesterday. Both of her parents are fruit loops. She is 16 years old, going to school, working two jobs and trying to get the court to declare her an emancipated minor. It makes you feel like crying.
- I am starting back to college in the fall. Yep. Conglomo will pay for it. I'm not sure how much of my old college work will transfer over.
- I used to work for a dentist awhile back. One day a guy came in to get some dental work done and my dentist advised the guy that he needed to be seen at UNC immediately regarding a suspicious spot on one of his salivary glands. Sure enough, the poor man had salivary gland cancer. So they removed his salivary glands. Now he spends his life having to spray some kind of lubricant into his mouth every 5 to 10 minutes for the rest of his life. I have no idea what he does when he sleeps. But do take a moment today and show some appreciation for your functioning salivary glands.

Happy Memorial Day Holiday! See ya Tuesday.