I would have ruled this world too, if it weren't for you meddling kids!
Monday, April 10, 2006
WILD -N- WOOLEY WEEKEND!

Brendalove@gmail.com


We had a wild weekend, weather-wise. Lot's o' wind and rain....there was a huge front that passed over what seemed to be the entire eastern part of the country wreaking havoc. However, things didn't get nearly as wild here as they did for STEW .....make sure you check out the link and read about his too-close-for-comfort encounter!

As for us here on the homefront.....well, I'm expecting to be arrested any minute now. Why? It seems that any time my lovely daughter has been absent from school this year, she didn't turn in the written excuses that I was apparently just writing to keep my hand in shape. Now here it is getting close to the end of the school year and I've got letters stating that my child has 6 unexcused absences. That due to North Carolina's Compulsory Attendance Law, my child could have a petition filed against her in Juvenile Court, or that a warrant could be issued against me for violation of N.C.G.S. 115C-378. Gah!


After my initial freakout and subsequent seizure, I called the school and found out that I can re-write the excuses and turn them in. Does anyone have a responsible child I can rent that will actually TURN the excuses in?

I keep having these visions of them slapping the cuffs on me and dragging me away while I scream "BUT SHE GOT STRAIGHT A's ON HER LAST REPORT CARD!"