I would have ruled this world too, if it weren't for you meddling kids!
Thursday, April 27, 2006
MIND GAMES

Brendalove@gmail.com

My new nightly ritual: When the sun is going down, I head out to my (newly-cleaned out) carport and get in the rocking chair. And then I start rocking. Then I start thinking. The birds are all playful, settling down for the evening, the one hundred million frogs get cranked up singing, the cats are patrolling the property perimeters and I'm rocking and thinking. Its hard to say which I am getting more done of ....the rocking or the thinking. I rock back and forth at a furious pace and the thinking is deep and introspective. Things I need to do. Changes I need to make. Its almost like a meditation. There's only one rule....the thinking has to be positive thinking. No self-defeating or self-pitying thinking. And you know what? I think its working, I just feel better in general.

I think this might work for me. I've never been able to meditate and God knows I've tried. I close my eyes, clear my mind......and immediately want to lay down and take a nap. With the rocking, I'm DOING something and I focus better.

What about you? Do you meditate and how do you do it? Do you feel that its good for your mind?