I would have ruled this world too, if it weren't for you meddling kids!
Thursday, January 19, 2006
TWILIGHT ZONE

brendalove@gmail.com


Hamsters are lively little creatures. They enjoy their treats. They love to eat seeds, fruit and vegetables. They eat them, they walk around with piles of treats in their cheek pouches, and they love to throw their treats around everywhere outside their cage for some unknown reason. I guess they just can't contain themselves when it comes to treats.


Because of this, I moved the hamsters to the bathroom months ago. I have a spacious counter where they can throw all the treats they want to throw and its super-easy for me to clean up behind them.

While cleaning yesterday, I noticed what looked like a tiny leaf poking up out of the sink drain. Hmmmm. I grabbed at it, but it wouldn't come out. I gave a tug....and I swear to you, a long miniature plant came out of my drain with the roots attached! Apparently one of the hamsters threw a seed from quite a distance.....and it took root in my freaking sink drain! Where all sorts of well-known plant nutrients live, like used toothpaste and soap! I don't know what freaks me out the worst, the plant itself or the fact that my sink drain is capable of biospheric life support. Just what the hell is down there, anyway? Should I call a plumber or an exorcist?


I have no idea what kind of plant it was, but here are the options: corn, pumpkin, rose hips, sunflower, sesame, and some kind of bird seed looking stuff. Un-be-freaking-lievable.