I would have ruled this world too, if it weren't for you meddling kids!
Thursday, January 12, 2006
MANNERS 101

brendalove@gmail.com


At work today, it was a dear friend of mine's birthday. I had totally spaced it out. I knew I had to do something for her.....something that didn't involve leaving work, since we have parking woes at Conglomo right now. I knew what I had to do.....I also knew what was going to happen when I did it.


I offered to buy her lunch, chinese delivery. She was thrilled with that. While we discussed it, the girl next to her asked if she could order something. I handed them the menu. Within 5 minutes, it was determined that the whole department wanted something. Four of these people went to ask their friends in other departments to order. When the menu was returned, it had about 9,000 yellow stickies posted all over it.


Well, it wasn't quite THAT bad, but still. I got a chinese delivery order together that totalled about $130. There was a $2.00 delivery charge....and after that there was seriously about a $6 tip. And $2 of that was mine!!!! How can people be so cheap?

So the moral of the story is: Have mercy on someone who offers to get a take out order together. Don't invite all your friends. And for heaven's sake, give more than a dime for a tip!!!!