I would have ruled this world too, if it weren't for you meddling kids!
Thursday, December 15, 2005
MEANWHILE, BACK AT THE MANGER......

Brendalove@gmail.com

This morning's commute really got me into the Christmas spirit.

I was just driving along, minding my own business, when suddenly I noticed a few plastic sheep hanging around by the side of the road.



Then a little ways further down the road was a couple of camels looking at me reverently.


After that, various Wise Men showed up. One was admiring a nice pile of rocks. The other was praying over a pothole in the road....which in all fairness probably NEEDS prayer, as the City sure isn't doing a damn thing about it.

Poor Joseph was kneeling in a ditch....possibly relieving his bladder. I never spotted Mary or the other Wise Man, but one must keep their eyes on the road, after all.

Finally, came Baby Jesus. Someone had tied a rope to him and looped him over the power line, crib, halo and all. And its true what they say....when the wind blows, the cradle will rock!



Some may call it vandalism.....but it made me stop and think about all sorts of Christmasy things that may not have even crossed my mind otherwise on this fine day. So a big thank you goes out to the smart-ass teenager who was having so much fun with his neighbor's nativity last night.