I would have ruled this world too, if it weren't for you meddling kids!
Monday, December 12, 2005
GRATEFUL?

brendalove@gmail.com


Its not like I was born some kind of Pollyanna DoGood, but at a point fairly early in life I learned to be grateful for what I had. Maybe it came from watching the Walton's every week on TV? Ungrateful people never fail to blow my mind.

For example: On Friday night, I took Sparkle to her friend's house, where she had been invited to spend the night. We follow the directions and end up in a really nice neighborhood and at a great house....a fabulous and spacious slice of real estate, fairly new, of which would probably give me a heart attack if I ever had to CLEAN the thing all by myself.

This is not the actual house, but you get the idea.

So I go up to the house with Sparkle and do meet -n- greet with the mom. And one of the first things I say to her is "You have a gorgeous home!" and she just sneers at me "THIS piece of crap?"

WTF?

I mean....what kind of house does she WANT?


As punishment, she should be sentenced to 20 years at the Ghetto House, with the option to redecorate using MY budget. Yeah, all of a sudden having that matching-accessory George Washington Suite doesn't seem quite as important in life, does it?

Sheesh.

Here's your Maxine thought for the day: