I would have ruled this world too, if it weren't for you meddling kids!
Saturday, December 31, 2005
FIVE THINGS

brendalove@gmail.com

I was tagged by Wordnerd to do a "Five Things You Don't Know About Me" thingie. This is really hard to do, but here goes....

1. When I stand up for too long in one place, I faint. I've been to the doctor about it before, and they just "pooh pooh" it as nothing serious. So I don't worry too much about it, but I try to avoid situations where I have to stand and stand and stand and stand....


2. I have claustrophobia and panic attacks. This is why I don't really do concerts much anymore. I tend to become very uncomfortable in places like Wal-Mart, and not just because there are so many ugly people there. I don't know why I get uncomfortable but eventually I start feeling like I can't breathe, I start to sweat.....it can get bad enough that I will gasp for air. If you want me to go to Wal-Mart with you, its cool....but get what you need and let's go. I can't stand around in the crowd while you compare prices on Roach Motels.


3. I set my bed on fire once when I was a kid. Yep. I was playing with matches because they were soooooo cool. And blowing them out and laying them on my bed. I left the room and when I came back, the bed was smoldering big time. My sister and I dragged the mattress into the back yard, just in time for it to burst into a small flame. I managed to convince my mother that because I left my glasses by the window, that the sun came through the window, through the glass and set my bed on fire.....kind of like you can do with a magnifying glass. Looking back on it...I wonder if she really bought that explanation? But anyway, I did manage to gain a few badly needed I.Q. points that day.


4. And speaking of I.Q. points, I am mathematically retarded. I was at college level English and reading when I was in 7th grade.....I was in an academically talented class in those subjects. Then the bell would ring and I would head over to math class with people who always smelled like a burning field in Columbia. And still I struggled. This is because my brain is like a Blissful Fog of Happiness and I don't seem to be capable of logical thought....as my blog proves day after day. Its gotten a little better as I've gotten older....I am able to add and subtract with minimal use of fingers. I still think the calculator is the greatest invention since sliced bread.

5. I once saved 6 peoples' lives, including my own. These were co-workers and we had gone out to lunch together. All of us were piled in one car going back to work. I was sitting beside the driver when he started having an epileptic-type seizure. He began acting very strangely and started stepping on the gas pedal really hard. I wasn't sure what was happening but I knew he was no longer in the real world, and since we were headed straight for about 20 cars, I decided to step over him to hit the brake. He became combative and I literally fought him for that brake. Finally he snapped back to reality and allowed me to drive the car back to work. He did end up receiving treatment, by the way.