I would have ruled this world too, if it weren't for you meddling kids!
Wednesday, November 30, 2005
INVASION OF THE WHISKER WOMEN

brendalove@gmail.com

Imagine my surprise when I went to Google and discovered that an image of Bad Luck Schleprock doesn't exist on the internet! So here is my own hastily-drawn version:


By the time you read this, I will be having or will have had a meeting with the Big Boss at Conglomo. Well, MY Big Boss, anyway. There's multiple layers of Big Bosses at my work. I have this meeting first thing in the morning - 8:00. I have no idea what it is about. Could this possibly be the good thing I have wished, prayed and worked so hard for? What are the odds that Bad Luck Schleprock Girl, who never catches a break, will actually....um....catch a break?

It's really hard not to say something negative or smart-alecky. I know, I know....BE POSITIVE.

Here's some positivity......yet another reason from Planet Brenda why you shouldn't kill yourself:


I was in the bathroom at work today and I was giving my face the once-over while washing my hands. And lo and behold....I saw a.....a.....WHISKER? I shut the water off and was already briskly plotting my demise. If I'm going to be one of those WHISKER WOMEN then there's really no sense in carrying on, is there?

I went back to my desk, head ducked down, and got out my hand mirror and my nail file. Hand mirror so I could see this whisker up close and the nail file so I could go ahead and end it all. And guess what? It wasn't a whisker! It was just a tiny piece of dry skin that had flaked off. Whew! Now dry skin is unforgivable too, but at least I can slather on moisturizer. If I had actually been one of the WHISKER WOMEN, I don't know what I would have done. Oh yeah.....kill myself!!!!!