I would have ruled this world too, if it weren't for you meddling kids!
Thursday, October 13, 2005
ALL HAIL THE JWESA!!!

brendalove@gmail.com

I still haven't had a spamming problem yet, but most everyone else whose blog I read has a problem, so most of them are now employing the Jewish Word Evil Spam Averter (JWESA) and it seems to have solved the problem for them. All except Stew, who has somehow managed to change his to the Eskimo Word Evil Spam Averter. I stand ready to take the plunge and activate either the JWESA or the EWESA if need be.


One thing I've noticed about the JWESA is the liberal use of the letters "q" and "g" and "p".....and most especially how it likes to place these letters beside each other. Sometimes its more than a slightly blind, slightly dyslexic woman can take. I get a word like "qrgllpgch" and I'm just about ready to give up. And why does it have to be in FLOATING LETTERS? By floating letters, here's what I mean:

Why do the letters have to be all flying away and scrunched up against each other? This makes it especially hard when you have "p and q-itis" like I have. In this case, the "w","v"and "y" mixture is more than my brain can take. Is that a "w" there at the end or two "v"'s?? Why can't they just print the word normally:


Its much easier on the eyes and the grey matter.

However, I have noticed that if you do screw up your word, which I do quite often, it will give you a shorter, easier word the next time because apparently the JWESA has the capacity to realize when it is dealing with a dunce. However, I've found the shorter words to be of a very questionable character. You can't blame me for passing judgement when it is the habit of the human mind to try to make understandable patterns from chaos:
gddmnn
psnho
fknjrk
and once there was even the Scooby-Doo-esque "TOINGK!" which has since been adapted into our daily language at home.

Yes, the JWESA has found quite a special place in my heart. Maybe I'll get my very own one day.

Here's the Halloween Pic of the Day: Some witches who apparently drank too much of their own brew.