I would have ruled this world too, if it weren't for you meddling kids!
Thursday, September 08, 2005
PROBLEM #347

Brendalove@gmail.com

I have this problem. You already know about quite a few of my problems, but here's a new one for you:

I have this strange belief that you should hang on to trinkets from phases of your life. If your child makes you a necklace of beads and macaroni, you should keep it. If you got to a killer show, you should keep your ticket stub. And when you run out of space to keep these things, you should utilize your wall space. That's what God made walls for, so we could hang everything we don't have room for.

I love to buy magazines, and when I see pictures I like....I cut them out and save them. And they eventually end up...you guessed it...on the wall. As a result, one wall of my bedroom is one big out-of-control collage. And now I'm working on a second

wall.

Out-of-control wall collage? What out-of-control wall collage?


I love my wall. I can lay in bed and stare at my wall for hours. I think about happy times, sad times, songs I like, concerts I went to, how old and decrepit I am now, I just think about everything. And its like, I'm middle aged now.....when is the overwhelming desire to have coordinated interior decorating going to kick in? I'm lacking a serious Martha Stewart chromosone...and I'm also lacking the chromosone that makes you care if you have the Martha Stewart chromosone or not.

If it doesn't make me happy anymore, I'll take it down. But what if it never stops making me happy?

For fun: See how many you can spot: Eric Clapton, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Autolux, Josh Homme (several times), Troy Van Leeuwen (several times), Jack White, Kevin Shields, Dave Navarro, Eddie Vedder, Sebadoh, Helium, Ash Bowie, Polvo, Failure, HIM, Mark Lanegan, Adam Jones, Brian Jones, Led Zeppelin, Jeff Tweedy, Paz Lenchantin ( she's there, look closer), Bam Margera, Lush, Jeff Buckley, Burning Brides, Nine Inch Nails, Jimi Hendrix, Ken Andrews, the Mars Volta, Johnny Depp, Butch Walker, the Cops from Reno 911, Rik Emmett, Ian Curtis of Joy Division, a random hawk, and Conrad Keeley from Trail of Dead.