I would have ruled this world too, if it weren't for you meddling kids!
Thursday, September 01, 2005
DEVASTATION

brendalove@gmail.com

This hurricane, ya'll. I can't even get my mind wrapped around the enormity of it. So many people are gone....good people died, some bad people died, very talented and very everyday people are dead. Not only that, but they're floating in the streets and no one cares because there are so many ALIVE people to worry about. So much history has been destroyed. I'm sure there are many irreplaceable artifacts that are at the bottom of the sea right now. And irreplaceable people. I can't stop thinking about it all.

And I am having horrible, horrible feelings. I guess maybe you could say they are premonitions? Just think about the following:
Gas prices soaring - may go up even further
Food prices are rising.
Everything else is going up....but the paychecks are staying the same.
A country highly dissatisfied because of the war.
And now this horrible disaster that's going to have repercussions we haven't even thought about yet.

I just feel like something very bad is going to happen, but I don't know what. I am lucky, and people younger than me are lucky, in that we are in an age group that hasn't had to ever live in REAL HARD times. I got a funny feeling that is getting ready to change.

And I don't recommend stockpiling your stuff to make it through hard times. I would recommend stocking up on guts, courage and determination, however.

If you can ease my mind about the state of the union, please feel free to in the comments.