I would have ruled this world too, if it weren't for you meddling kids!
Wednesday, September 14, 2005
CHICKEN CHICKEN AND MORE CHICKEN

Brendalove@gmail.com

Today in the Conglomo cafeteria they were offering a chicken and veggie stir fry on brown rice. It smelled great and looked pretty tasty, so I got in line. A Mexican guy was doing the stir frying. I told him what veggies I wanted with my chicken....and then proceeded to check out the nice aquarium that is located nearby while he cooked. I asked the Mexican guy "Who takes care of the aquarium?" and he says "Huh?" and I realized "aquarium" might be stretching his English skills a bit much. So I said "Who takes care of the fish?"



Apparently he decided I was asking him why they didn't offer fish with the stir fry instead of chicken. So he launches into a huge lecture.

"Back in my country, we eat fish always. Here in America, all you people want is chicken. You eat chicken every meal. So much chicken! We serve many soups and not many people eat the soups. But when we serve CHICKEN soup, all you people want to eat that chicken soup. Everywhere I go in America, all the restaurants, its always CHICKEN! Now this dish, they make us serve the chicken, not the fish."



I didn't have the heart to correct him. This guy obviously had a lot of chicken issues he needed to work through....the least I could do was be there for him in his time of need. I did a lot of smiling and nodding....and he seemed much happier afterwards. Good deed for the day? CHECK!