I would have ruled this world too, if it weren't for you meddling kids!
Thursday, August 25, 2005
PETS, PETS AND MORE PETS

brendalove@gmail.com

Just a reminder - if you haven't already, go check out the band Elijahfell at www.myspace.com/elijahfell . The band includes our very own fellow blogger Ryan Brush. I would include a link to the blog but I need to look up the HTML (because I am not very smart)....and I'm at work. So do yourself a favor and click on "Monkey Trauma Center" in my Alternate Universe section.

Hey, check out the bubble nest that Lord Fishbein III made:



He seems really happy here. His bowl is on the kitchen counter where he's right in the middle of all the action. He likes watching me in the kitchen cooking or cleaning up and he likes it when there's a load of teenagers hanging around. I bought some plants for the bowl today so he'll be getting his crib decorated. I'm telling you, there's really something special about this fish. He's going to BE SOMEBODY.



Here's a close-up of Snakie, who does have an actual name, but I can't remember what it is. Notice how he's shedding on top of his head. Just from observing him, I don't think skin-shedding is very comfortable for snakes. He has been coming out to bask a lot, I guess to let the light dry up the skin to make it easier to shed.

I don't hate the snake anymore and I have abandoned all plans to poison him (not that you people were forthcoming with the arsenic I had asked for). In fact, I watch over him a lot more than Sparkle is doing. He's on the prowl in his tank now for a mouse, and he just had one a week ago! He was going every TWO weeks between feedings before. He's getting hungrier quicker, and I think its all becoming a little bit more than Sparkle ever thought it was going to be. Its too late now, though, she's got a baby to care for and who knows how long he'll live? That'll teach her to just show up at the house with a pet snake.

He's really cute when he yawns though....I never knew snakes yawned.

No pics of the hamsters or the kitties today....the hamsters won't be out till tonight and the kitties are somewhere roaming. However, they are doing good too.