I would have ruled this world too, if it weren't for you meddling kids!
Wednesday, August 31, 2005
MORE ADVENTURES FROM CONGLOMO

brendalove@gmail.com



If you've been reading my blog for awhile, you already know that I'm lame. Well, here's something else you can add to your list of lame things I've done, in case you're keeping track. Yesterday my boss at Conglomo called everyone together and told us that he had news for us - that he had gotten a promotion. Everyone was surprised, some were shocked, everyone was congratulating him......but me, I start crying. I hate myself for it, but that's what I did. It wasn't like I was snorting and bellowing and blowing snot everywhere, but I did get all teary-eyed and moronic. Is that not the stupidest thing ever?

But please allow me to explain myself. Before he came along, I had the Boss From Hell. She was so bad that she no longer works for Conglomo and it wasn't by choice that she no longer works there (that means she got fired, silly). The Boss From Hell hated me for reasons both known and unknown, and did everything she could to hold me down. On the Departmental Totem Pole, I was like the round base structure at the bottom, which usually gets buried in the ground so everyone else can sit atop of it safely.



But then came THE Boss. Not only did he totally turn our department around as far as our work, but he let me know he believed in me in lots of little ways. I have more responsibility now and I've been given plenty of opportunities to prove myself. I mean, I have no aspirations to become a huge business mogul in life, riding high on the corporate structure, but I do appreciate that someone appreciates me and the things I can accomplish. That kind of stuff means a lot as we slosh our way through this swamp pit called life.

So yeah, I cried some. Somebody please just shoot me now. And don't forget I want to be cremated and thrown into the sea.