I would have ruled this world too, if it weren't for you meddling kids!
Monday, August 22, 2005
LAWN MOWER RESIGNATION

brendalove@gmail.com



I've officially gone on strike. I got the front yard mowed and looking pretty decent....but its just too freaking hot to mow the back. Not only that, but I'm not mowing the back yard ANY MORE until this heat wave breaks. And I DO NOT care what anyone might think. Its all woods back there anyway, its not like there are neighbors that have to look at an eyesore of a "lawn". I am sick, sick, sick of hot weather.

I don't think I've ever been so stoked for September.




I read that last night's Ozzfest in California was a complete disaster. Apparently Sharon and Ozzy have been feuding with Bruce Dickinson, who is lead singer for one of the other bands on the bill, Iron Maiden. Last night was Iron Maiden's last date on the tour, so Sharon arranges for some guy to be out in the audience to pelt the band with eggs and has the sound guy cut power to the PA 3 or 4 times during Maiden's biggest hits. Then she comes out after Maiden's set and starts giving a speech about how Bruce Dickinson is such a prick....only to be confronted with thousands of fans screaming "Maiden! Maiden!" Apparently a lot of people left before Black Sabbath came out. Good for them, I would have left too....I love Iron Maiden.

Ugh. How unprofessional can you get? People paid a hellava lot of money to see that show. They wanted to see a good show, not have to watch one of Sharon Osbourne's dramas unfold. Now Velvet Revolver is going to be in Iron Maiden's slot for the rest of the tour.....I wonder how long that's going to last???? If I were managing a top-name band, there's no way I'd ever put my band in the Ozzfest line-up after that stunt.

And despite the sabotage, by all accounts Iron Maiden was on fire last night and rocked the house. YEAH!