I would have ruled this world too, if it weren't for you meddling kids!
Sunday, August 14, 2005
FISH STORIES

Brendalove@gmail.com



Do you ever stare out to sea and wonder just what all is actually going on under those wild, mysterious waves? Well, wonder no more....just head on over to Markus's blog, Swim At Your Own Risk , and he'll give you the lowdown.....maybe more information that you thought you'd find out!!! Be careful about surfing his blog when eating. But you definitely have to go to this blog, you'll be a better person for having read it...and you'll probably never venture into the water again. His "Victim of The Day" spots are not to be missed.

Its been awhile since I added a new blog to the roll, so go check it out.

Speaking of fish, we had to go to the pet store for supplies today....and guess what happened?


Give a big hello to Lord Fishbein III, a.k.a. New Fishie. I couldn't help it, you guys. I had noticed him when we were at the pet store 2 weeks earlier....and when I went back and there he was still....it was fate. This fish is really special, I just get a vibe from him. Plus he's gorgeous...I couldn't get him to really spread his fins out and show his color for the camera but he looks like a watercolor painting. I've found my next art project.



Also today I stopped by the Farmer's Market and got vegetables to make my annual Southern Meal from Hell. Tonight I cooked corn on the cob, boiled new potatoes, butter beans, fried squash, fresh tomato slices, and an awesome piece of grilled fish on the side. I refrained from making any biscuits, but I might have to break down and make some tomorrow, when we eat yet more veggies. I bought a bunch of purple hull peas but I need to shell them. And let me tell you something, that corn is the sweetest corn I've ever gotten anywhere. The kids were practically inhaling the corn.

And yeah, I know that grilling the fish ain't the true Southern Way, but I'm not going to ruin a perfectly succulent piece of seafood by throwing it in oil and frying the living shit out of it. I'm sure my ancestors will forgive me.

I LOVE SUMMER!