I would have ruled this world too, if it weren't for you meddling kids!
Thursday, July 07, 2005
WHAT I MISS ABOUT CHILDHOOD

brendalove@gmail.com

Greg tapped me as a participant in the five things that I miss from childhood. Here's my list:


1. Trips to the corner store - going to the store was a BIG DEAL. My mother always had a quarter for a comic book.....sometimes TWO comic books! And if it was her payday, she would buy a 16 Magazine for my sister and I to share....and we could obsess over who was hotter, David Cassidy or Donny Osmond.

2. My grandmother and going to her house - I spent an awful lot of time there. I was always loved, the food was good, cousins were plentiful, and I had an industrial chemical stew of my very own to baste in out back.

3. The Dime Store - did the store even have a proper name. I don't think it did. But my mother always had 50 cents for a 45 r.p.m. record - and I managed to buy a boatload of them. Plus the Dime Store had 10,000 trinkets that a little girl could dream over. But if I had to choose between a record and a trinket....the record won every single time.


4. Sunrise Theater - the early-as-hell monster movie on Saturday mornings. These movies consisted of a lot of King Kong, robots, mutant dinosaurs tramping through the downtown area, and giant octopii attacking luxury cruise lines and submarines. Plus the cartoons would be coming on afterwards....what else could you want from a Saturday morning?

5. Waking up - and the first thing you feel is a rush of pure energy as you happily think, "I wonder what's going to happen to me TODAY?" I want that excitement and love of life every single day. Instead of wishing I could just go back to sleep.

And now it’s your turn. The Rules:Remove the first person from the following list, bump everyone up one spot and put your blog in the number 5 spot. Please link all of the blogs as they are linked now, or you won’t get no dessert.

Mommy Brain
Routon Family Homeschool
Golly Blog Howdy!
Hasty Ruminations
Planet Brenda

Now select four folks who hopefully haven’t already done this meme, and add them to your list - with a disclaimer that if they choose to decline participation, it will not result in seven years’ bad luck, or even a bad hair day. Come and play if you like; no pressure.And the tagging goes to:

Judy at Just Ask Judy
Christine at Blog Bucket
Thumper at Thumper Thinks Out Loud
And you, Gentle Reader.